Position: Accounting Assistant
Location: Beulah, ND
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: VP, Controller
MAP Industrial, Inc., with facilities in Michigan and North Dakota, is a fully integrated construction and fabrication company with over 40 years of experience. Hiring exceptional employees is a key strategy to our continuing success.
The Accounting Assistant is a support role in the Beulah Office. This role will evolve over time as business needs change. Primary responsibilities include general office administration, accounting support, human resources, and project administration.
- New hire onboarding and employee setup in Employee Navigator
- Weekly timecard entry and payroll processing
- Reconcile all payroll liability accounts weekly
- Support labor rate changes with unions and non-union employees.
- Support benefit enrollment and termination
- Do all union reporting monthly and pay dues.
- Send out weekly paystubs and any hard checks.
- Accounts Payable-
- Enter invoices.
- Ensure all statements are gone through to ensure no missing entries.
- Enter various ACH A/P entries each month
- Print and send weekly A/P register for payment processing
- Print and mail weekly A/P checks
- Manage A/P review process ensuring reviewers are
- Accounts Receivable
- Work with project teams to get billing to customers timely
- Review A/R aging reports to ensure timely payments from customers
- Follow up with customers on outstanding A/R
- Support Bank reconciliation weekly.
- Support Sales and use tax filing for each state
- Support monthly intercompany billing
- Support monthly Tool and equipment billing
- Support the purchasing group when needed in issuing Purchase Orders
- Answering phones as needed
- General support to Project Teams and Executives
- Minimum 2 years in accounting, familiarity with industrial construction is preferred, but not required
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products. Higher consideration to be given to those with excellent skills in Excel and an understanding of Foundation.
- Business Administration or Accounting education – 4-year degree preferred; experience may be considered.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching required; ability to lift 20 pounds occasionally.
- Jobsite environment – may occasionally travel to jobsites and will be exposed to variable/extreme outside conditions, including rough terrain. Ability to lift 20+ pounds, climb, bend, reach, and stoop.
- Travel to project sites and other offices – up to 5% of time.