Position: Engineering _ Construction Management Intern
Location: Beulah, ND
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Site Superintendent
MAP Industrial, Inc., with facilities in Michigan and North Dakota, is a fully integrated construction and fabrication company with over 40 years of experience. Hiring exceptional employees is a key strategy to our continuing success.
This internship supports fabrication and field construction functions on jobsites. This role will evolve over time as business needs change.
This position is targeting college students focusing on Mechanical/Civil Engineering or Construction Management degrees at a North Dakota school.
- PreConstruction –
- Support estimating and takeoffs for project budget development
- Develop Inspection and Test Plans for quality program adherence on self-perform and subcontracted work
- Develop productivity tracking systems based on job requirements
- Support project schedule development and job planning
- Support procurement of goods and services for individual projects, soliciting quotes from vendors, evaluate and make recommendations
- Track quantities and field progress, provide reports
- Progress project schedules based on performance
- Interface with field supervision and engineering to resolve questions and design conflicts via RFIs
- Produce submittals for engineering review
- Update financial projections for projects based on expenditures and progress
- High school senior or college student focusing on Construction Management or Civil/Mechanical Engineering or business degree at a North Dakota school.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching required; ability to lift 20 pounds occasionally.
- Physical ability to walk, stand, crawl, bend and climb – jobsites require accessing areas by ladders, stairs and lifts. Exposure to high noise levels may occur.
- Must have valid drivers license