Position: Field Engineer
Location: Beulah, ND
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Site Superintendent
MAP Industrial, Inc., with facilities in Michigan and North Dakota, is a fully integrated construction and fabrication company with over 40 years of experience. Hiring exceptional employees is a key strategy to our continuing success.
This position supports field construction functions on jobsites. This role will evolve over time as business needs change.
- PreConstruction –
- Support estimating and takeoffs for project budget development
- Develop Inspection and Test Plans for quality program adherence on self-perform and subcontracted work
- Develop productivity tracking systems based on job requirements
- Support project schedule development and job planning
- Support procurement of goods and services for individual projects, soliciting quotes from vendors, evaluate and make recommendations
- Perform material procurement activities, including purchasing, expediting, receiving/inspecting, warehousing and kitting for field activities.
- Track quantities and field progress, provide reports
- Progress project schedules based on performance
- Interface with field supervision and engineering to resolve questions and design conflicts via RFIs
- Produce submittals for engineering review
- Update financial projections for projects based on expenditures and progress
- Construction Management or Civil/Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping, and reaching required; ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Jobsite environment – Physical ability to walk, stand, crawl, bend and climb – jobsites require accessing areas by ladders, stairs and lifts. Exposure to high noise levels may occur.
- Must have valid drivers license